Next to water, tea is considered one of the most consumed beverages. With its versatility, it can be consumed cold, hot, or combined with other ingredients that take the tea flavor a notch higher. Tea latte is also a delicious variation of this delightful beverage. We’ll show you how to make a tea latte like a barista!
China, India, and Kenya are the three top producers of high-grade tea. Different manufacturers package and infuse tea with different flavors.
Everyone takes tea for various reasons. Some consume it for slimming purposes, and others take it to help with digestion, while others consume it for its many health benefits
Various spices are included during the preparation of a tea latte. If made well, there shouldn’t be a lingering aftertaste. Your taste buds will go on a tantalizing journey, with sweet and spicy notes dominating the experience.
Each sip has an exotic, rich, and smooth note to it, thanks to the different spices. The sweetener and milk balance out the hotness of the spices to create a chocolate taste.
Recipe – How to Make a Tea Latte
A tea latte recipe calls for the addition of spices. They are key and without them the end product will just be a regular cup of tea. You can buy the instant tea spice concentrate or make it by combining the various spices.
Here’s an example of the portions you need to make a tea spice blend at home and how to make a tea latte using instant concentrates.
Tea Latte DIY Spice Blend.
• Cinnamon – 4 teaspoons.
• Cloves – 2 teaspoons.
• Cardamom – 2 teaspoons.
• Nutmeg – 2 teaspoons.
• Peppercorns – 2 teaspoons.
• Star Anise – 2 teaspoons.
• Ginger – 2 teaspoons.
• Sugar – 1 cup.
• Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Stir well to make sure is well incorporated.
• Store in an airtight container.
Tea Latte Recipe Using DIY Spice mix.
• Latte Spice Mix: 2-3 tablespoons.
• 1 Cup of water.
• 1 Cup milk.
• 2 teabags of tea of choice.
• Boil the water in a kettle.
• Pour water over the tea bags. Let it steep for 5 – 10 minutes.
• Warm the milk in a pot.
• In a cup, put in the spice mix, pour in the tea, and mix well.
• Froth the warm milk using a milk frother, immersion blender, or whisk.
• Add the frothed milk on top of the latte and tea mix.
• Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon
Important Notes on How to a Make Tea Latte.
• If you want extra caffeine in your latte add 2 shots of espresso. You can use espresso coffee capsules or strongly brewed coffee if you don’t have an espresso machine. This is known as a dirty chai latte.
• The store-bought instant tea spice blend is easy to use. You need to pour it into a cup and add in the tea and then the frothed warm milk. Add sugar or honey until you get the preferred, sweetness.
• For a cold tea latte put the milk, tea, and spice mix in a blender. Add ice cubes and blend everything.
FAQs on How to Make a Tea Latte.
Is masala chai the same as tea latte?
Chai in Hindi and other languages is normally referred to as tea. Masala represents the spice blend. Masala chai is the same as a tea latte.
What does latte mean?
In the Italian language, latte means milk. Hence the name Tea Latte refers to tea with milk.
You now know how to make a tea latte like a pro. Check out the following tea recipes:
How to Make Iced Chai Tea Latte